A holiday gathering is an easy time to go off a diet or eating lifestyle plan. Not with this low carb buffalo chicken dip with a cauliflower twist! This is a crowd pleaser that will keep you on the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle journey without sacrificing the delightful tastes of the holidays.
This page may contain affiliate links. To view my full affiliate link disclosure, click here.
Staying on Plan with Trim Healthy Mama
My Trim Healthy Mama journey has been one of a lot of ups and downs. It’s easy to fall off the wagon of any ‘health’ journey. But I don’t think there is any easier time than during the holidays. Oh, the smells! The absolutely delicious smells. The sugary smells, the savory smells. Ekk! Just writing it makes me want to go cram my head in the pantry and see if my husband has hoarded any savory and salty deliciousness that I can snarf down before he notices. The holidays are just around the corner and I am already anticipating some of those delightful staple dishes that smell so wonderful, but pack on unneeded pounds!
However, Trim Healthy Mama has the benefit of eating food that completely satisfies.
I’m completely serious. Unlike any other healthy lifestyle, I have never been so satisfied as with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle. All the holiday smells and temptations, although delightful, do not tempt me at all. Looking at all the sugar-laden sweets or heavy unhealthy carbs, pale in comparison to the delectable treats I know I can have that don’t raise my blood sugar to preposterous proportions.
Easy Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip
Last year when I walked into a work holiday party and smelled the intoxicating smells of buffalo chicken dip, I knew I had to create something that was better and healthier!
This easy low-carb buffalo chicken dip can even be used as a meal because of the hidden veggies. Who would have thought something this good would have some hidden cauliflower? But don't worry, your kids won't even notice. Maybe not even your husband (mine didn't at first!) The cauliflower rice gives this dish an added health boost, but it soaks in the flavor, so it blends into the dish effortlessly.
This is an effortless dish because you can throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and walk away from it for a few hours. Using a pan or an oven dish is an option too, and it does not take much more added time! Super simple and easy to serve a delicious meal or dip for a party.
Cauliflower Rice and Buffalo Dip
Have you found that cauliflower rice is one of the most powerful ways to turn a dish into a complete meal? I sure have. The best thing about this recipe is that it does not taste anyway like a vegetable dish. It simply tastes like Chicken Buffalo Dip. AND you get a full serving of vegetables. Frank's Red Hot sauce makes it just a bit feisty! Dip it in celery for an S meal, eat it plan for an S meal, or dip it in salty Wasa crackers for a crossover!
Other Low Carb Recipes
I love adding low-carb recipes to my kitchen's repertoire. They are easy to fill up on and completely satisfying on the Trim Healthy Mama plan. This low-carb buffalo chicken dip is a recipe that has made it into my family's routine quite often during the winter season. Are you interested in other low-carb recipes? My Healing Harvest Cookbook: Skillet & Casserole Edition, is jammed packed with easy and quick recipes that the entire family will enjoy!
How do you like the Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip? I would love to know, catch me over on Instagram and tell me!
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip with a Cauliflower Twist
A low-carb buffalo chicken dip with a cauliflower twist! An easy meal or dip to take to a holiday gathering. It has just enough spice to be a bit sassy, but also just enough creamy goodness to satisfy!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 8 ounces cream cheese, ⅓ fat works well
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Start by cooking and shredding your chicken, if not already done so.
- In a blender or food processor add thawed cauliflower, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Blend until well combined. No shreds of cauliflower should remain.
- Mix in heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, and Frank’s RedHot sauce. Mix again until well combined. Consistency should be thin, but not watery.
- Pan Instructions: Combine chicken and sauce ingredients in a medium skillet pan. Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add cheese to the top. Stir in gently.
- Baking Instructions: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chicken and sauce ingredients in oven-safe dish. Cook for 30 minutes. During the last 10 minutes sprinkle cheese over top.
- Crock Pot Instructions: Combine chicken and sauce ingredients in the small slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours or until bubbly. Add grated cheese last 20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Online calculators are only estimates. Please use your best judgement when consuming.