Too often I forget about how amazing carrots are. They are little explosions of sweet flavor that get lost in the shuffle of a cold vegetable tray.
However, when you season them right and roast them in the oven, they become a masterpiece of addictive flavor. These addictive little garlic parmesan roasted carrots are easy to throw together but delicious enough that you bring them as a side dish to a party or get-together.
This is the area where all the experts tell you to tell your backstory of the recipe. You are supposed to make it into a storyline that will engage the audience. However, as I sat here looking at this recipe, I only could come up with one thing...I had six pounds of carrots in my fridge and they were going to go bad if I didn't use them.
It was that simple.
I hope you can create a bit. I see that huge 4-pound bag of carrots at Costco and the price is always better than other vegetables and fruit because of the quantity and price tag, I'm always inspired to throw it in my cart. However, there were already two pounds of carrots in my fridge from Walmart!
I've had the same problem with radishes in the past, which is honestly why this recipe made its way onto the blog!
Regardless of why I ended up putting the recipe together, I have found that these roasted carrots are among my family's favorites now and I think your family will love them too!
Another nice thing about this recipe is that most likely you already have all the ingredients you need to make these without making an extra trip to the grocery store. Perfect to whip up when you need an easy side dish.
- The benefits of carrots are seemingly unending. They are an amazing source of beta carotene and also provide ample amounts of fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. They are a great weight loss food because you can eat a lot with a small caloric load.
- Olive Oil
- Did you know that olive oil can clear toxins from the blood? That was a new fun fact for me as I was testing this recipe. It is because of the plant-based polyphenols, which are thought to trigger the liver to open bile ducks.
- Parmesan adds a lovely cheese flavor that adds to its addictive taste.
- You can adjust the amount of garlic to your liking in this recipe, but for us, five cloves of garlic are just right to get a good punch of garlic flavor!
See the recipe card for quantities.
Place carrots in a baking dish or baking sheet.
Cover equally with olive oil. Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
Mince garlic and add to the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tender
Hint: If you need a faster cook time, you can increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. I like how the flavor comes out with a slower cooking time.
Because this recipe is so simple, you can make many different variations just by changing the seasoning.
- Spicy - if you like spicy carrots just add chili pepper flakes!
- Deluxe - add parsley flakes or fresh chives! The fresh chives really make a fancy-looking dish.
- Kid-friendly - my kids love these without any adjustments, but if you have garlic-sensitive kids you can omit the garlic and use any other seasonings that they enjoy.
- Baking sheet or pan. I use this one when making this recipe.
- Measuring cups
You can find all my favorite kitchen finds by visiting my Amazon storefront or my Like to Know shop.
This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an air-tight container. I tend to have uncommon taste buds, but I love this recipe when it is hot or cold. The cold carrots once cooked, make an excellent snack mid-day.
Do I need to peel the carrots?
If you use baby carrots there is no need to peel the carrots. This recipe can also be made using larger fresh carrots. If you use larger carrots, just scrub them clean to remove any dirt.
Do I need to boil the carrots before cooking?
In this case, you do not need to boil the carrots before cooking! Throw them in the oven and let the oven do all the work!
Looking for other side dishes or appetizer recipes like this? Try these:
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Carrots
These addictive little parmesan garlic roasted carrots are easy to throw together but delicious enough that you bring them as a side dish to a party or get-together.
- 2 pounds baby carrots, washed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place carrots in a baking dish or baking sheet
- Cover equally with olive oil.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
- Mince garlic and add to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tender.
If you need a faster cook time, you can increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. I like how the flavor comes out with a slower cooking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Online nutritional calculators are estimates only. Use your best judgement when consuming.
Leave a Reply